A Favorite Quote

Life is pretty good....and why wouldn't it be?
I am a pirate, after all.



First Day of School

Liv and Jackson had their first day of school on Monday. Liv started 2nd grade with Mrs. Stenson (who was her 3 yr old preschool teacher) and Jackson started kindergarten with Mrs. Hathaway. They were so very excited to start this year......I was and I wasn't. It is a bittersweet moment for me as I want to keep them in my arms but I so badly want to see them grow. We had a great summer- full of swimming, day trips, big trips and just relaxing....a summer that I didn't want to end. And now my baby is going to full day, five day kindergarten. It has taken me till today, Thursday, to blog this because it has been hard to wrap my head around. Wasn't it just yesterday that he was born or for that matter when did Olivia get so big? WHAT IS GOING ON? Well, our kids are growing up and even though I tried my very best to stop them- they won't listen. So- we are moving on with them or I am afraid they may leave us behind.

Liv- I know that you will do awesome in 2nd grade- we couldn't be any prouder of the person that you are. Keep smiling, be a great friend and dance whenever you get the chance. Have a great year, sweet girl, and remember- always, forever and no matter what!

Jack- wow- buddy, you are in kindergarten! What an exciting time for you! You are gonna have so much fun. Stay sweet, be a good friend and chase your dreams, my little man, but always know the road that will lead you home again. Always, forever and no matter what!

I have posted some pictures- there are a few more of Jack because of what a big day it was for him. (yes- we followed the bus and yes- we followed them into school and yes- we finally left them and went home)

1 comment:

Leesa said...

Ok, seriously, Jen, how did you do it?!! I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face after reading this post and looking at the pics. You are such a great mom as you foster your babies growth and independence while quietly wishing it weren't so and being proud of their growth at the same time! What a predicament us mothers are in as we start with a totally dependent being that we bond so fully with and then begin the process of letting them go. . . Can you tell I am having a VERY hard time imagining this day?! Thanks so much for being such a great example to me of what loving your kids is all about!