A Favorite Quote

Life is pretty good....and why wouldn't it be?
I am a pirate, after all.



Girls Weekends

During each summer I have the wonderful gift of two, yes- count them TWO, whole weekends away with my most treasured girlfriends. My Uncle Andy and Aunt Janet own a little cabin in the poconos and they are kind enough to let us use it.


The first one, deemed "Nerdy Girls Weekend" is the last weekend in June. Claudia, Missy, and I spend the whole weekend locked up in the cabin, reading, scrapbooking, talking and laughing. There is usually one mishap every weekend and this one was no hot water....yep, I am talking water so cold it made your hands hurt when you washed them sooooooo....this year we deemed it...."Dirty, Nerdy Girls Weekend" because there was no way you could shower without turning into an icicle. We also encountered a low swooping bat who just wouldn't go away. As always we had so much fun and came home tired but refreshed (and in dire need of showers).


The second one, deemed "Cool Girls Weekend" is the first weekend in August. Bonnie, Tricia, Cathy, and I spend the whole weekend, eating, drinking wine, shopping, watching movies and laughing. (Cathy could not make it this year and we missed her- you had better be there next year, girl) Again, mishaps always occur and this year was no different...actually this year may have been the worst yet. As we pulled into the driveway I realized that I didn't have the keys to the cabin- luckily, Aunt Janets brother lives close to there and had a set! You can't imagine how mad I was at myself. The coffee pot broke, the fuses kept blowing, and the button broke on the tv that we brought up to replace their old one. Other than that, we had a great time catching up, shopping, and we watched some great movies.


Please do not be offended by the names given to these weekends, believe it or not we are each proud of our name. I am always so sad to see the end of my girls weekends. A mothers world is so very busy and to have the opportunity to be away and refuel with your girls is a true blessing. We rarely are able to complete a conversation on the phone let alone see each other. I so enjoy spending time with these beautiful , wonderful women. They are a big part of who I am and I thank God for all of them. Here's to my girls, my friends, my sisters....I love you all! A year isn't to long to wait is it?????

2 comments:

Katie Mott said...

What a great post Jen!! I love it! I cannot quite get past the cold water/dirty nerdy girls weekend thing...but I'm sure you still had fun!! So glad you had a great girls weekend (or shall i say weekends?)

Leesa said...

All I can say is I am SOOOOO jealous!!! Good for you- so glad you are able to get away and fun!!